Pelham Picture House

Pelham Picture House

Pelham Picture House, also known as "The Picture House", is a historic movie theater located at Pelham, Westchester County, New York. The rectangular building was built in 1921, in the Spanish Revival style and is oriented at an angle at the northwest corner of Wolf's Lane and Brookside Avenue. It features angled end bays, a distinctive round arched entrance, tiled hoods over the large windows on the end bays, and a wood open truss ceiling in the auditorium. The building typifies early 20th century commercial architecture of New York City commuter suburbs with its eclectic style reflective of the Mission style.It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.Further reading Dieriekx, Mary. "Pelham Downtown Historic District." Draft National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, 2009 Sanchis, Frank E. American Architecture: Westchester County, New York. Harrison, New York: Harbor Hills Books, 1977

Photo Gallery See All Photos